Educated children are the future of Haiti. Yet, only a small percentage of children in Haiti have the opportunity to go to school. For many families, it’s cost prohibitive, especially in the secondary grades. HCO tries to remove as many barriers as possible and provide opportunities to educate the next generation of children.
HCO’s Emmanuel Christian Schools provide excellent educational and spiritual training. Through child sponsors, we are able to educate nearly 1,600 students each year.
We share stories about our Children and about Emmanuel Christian Schools on our blog to show the impact of sponsorships and celebrate how God is doing something in Haiti that will last through our education and ministry to children.
Take a look at this video to see some of the students and schools impacted by HCO Child Sponsorships!
All HCO schools are called Emmanuel Christian School, followed by the community name. Each consists of Pre-K through 6th grade, except for Port-au-Prince which has classes through 13th grade. In addition to students enrolled in our schools, we also support a number of students from the villages to attend high school in the Jacmel area. We have schools in these locations (color-coded to boxes on map below):
- Grand Bois (2011)
- Kapotyer (2009)
- Peredo (2009)
- Drouillard (2002)
- Seguin (1996)
- Port-au-Prince (1990)
Classroom Sponsorships allow you to partner with our schools to educate, evangelize, equip, empower, and encourage our students.
Your monthly gift of $30 connects you to a specific classroom. You will move grades with that specific classroom each year until graduation!
Once you are a sponsor…
- Learn more about our schools and students through periodic email updates.
- Pray for students using our prayer prompts.
- Invite others to become a sponsor!
- Continue giving each month & increase your sponsorship when you can!
- Come visit our students on a short-term trip to Haiti! You can meet the classroom you help sponsor during trips when school is in session.
[button text=”Become a CLASSROOM SPONSOR” url=”https://haitianchristian.org/get-involved/every-child-sponsorship/” background_color=”#faae5e” text_color=”#ffffff” style=”lt_circular lt_flat” size=”default” icon=”fa-child” open_new_window=”true” rounded=”true”]
Check out photos and testimonies of sponsors meeting students!
When a child leaves our school
Want to do more?
You can host a Classroom Sponsorship Day at your church or organization! This is a special day for people to learn about our children and to take a seat in one of our classrooms. Promote the special day a few weeks in advance so that people come prepared to participate.
Pray for Emmanuel Christian School students
Each month we invite our Child Sponsors and our HCO community to pray in unity for our students. Pray with us using the prompts below. Or, download a printable version.
[slider effect=”fade” pausetime=”3000″ autoplay=”true” navigation=”true”]
CLASSROOM SPONSORSHIP TRANSITION FAQ
When will my sponsorship change?
- January of 2023
How will my sponsorship change?
- You will be “assigned a seat” in a classroom and you will move with your class as they move to a different grade, and sometimes a different classroom, each year.
How much is it to sponsor one seat? Can I sponsor more than one seat in the classroom?
- It is still $30.00 per month to sponsor one seat in a classroom.
- Yes, you can sponsor more than one seat in our classroom. We absolutely encourage sponsoring as many seats as God is calling you to sponsor in our classrooms!
What is the average sponsorship of one entire classroom?
– The average cost to sponsor one whole classroom is $510.00 per month. 100% of your gift covers an average of 17 students’ school fees, a nutritious meal each school day, curriculum, and teacher professional development training.
How can I best support one classroom?
-Go in together with a group of individuals from your church, small group, organizations, workplaces, teacher groups, or Sunday school classes.
-You can raise money with your own fundraisers! Want to know how to get started? Visit our Get Involved page for instructions!
-Ask your employer if they have a charity matching policy. Many employers will match donations their employees provide to their favorite 501c3 throughout the year.
-The possibilities are endless!
Will I still get an individual profile picture?
– Instead of an individual profile picture, you will now receive a classroom profile picture with all of the students and their teacher for that year!
How often will I receive updates on the classroom I support?
– Dependent on the situation of the country, we will send out an update twice a year.
What happens once the class I have been following graduates?
– You will be assigned to the new Pre-K class coming in and then will continue to move with them as they continue to move up in grade each year.