The most impactful thing you can do for Haitian Christian Outreach and the Kingdom of God is to pray. Please join with us in praying that God guides and directs everything that happens through HCO.
Each month, we blog about current praises and prayer needs. You can find past prayer posts here: Pray With Us. Or, you can receive them in our monthly eStories (sign up at bottom of this page).
We also invite you to use one or more of these prayer tools below to guide your intercession and praise: 30-Day Prayer Ideas, Biblical Prayers for Missionaries, and the BLESS prayer.
30-Day of Prayer for Haitian Christian Outreach: Will you join us in our 30 day prayer challenge? Prayer is so powerful and can change lives, because Jesus changes everything. Here are 30 days of specific prayers for HCO.
1. Health & hope given through Peredo Community Hospital Surgical Center
2. Increased classroom sponsors so every classroom will be provided with the appropriate resources needed.
3. Haiti church leaders to be encouraged and strengthened
4. Teachers that guide, mentor and show Jesus to our children
5. Construction of the school in Grand Bois
6. Peace & progress for the Haitian government & economy
7. For strong, Christ-centered families in our communities
8. Pastors, including Jacquelin, Oxy, Cherubim, Matthieu
9. Holy Spirit breakthrough of spiritual strongholds
10. Strength & wisdom for RoRo & Eline Eustache
11. US Team: Megan, Becky, Madison, and Jorja
12. Leadership & wisdom for our School Principals
13. Evangelism to be the center of all we do
14. Strong marriages & faithful families for all staff & leaders
15. That many will come to know salvation through Jesus
16. Revival of prayer and faith of all Christians in Haiti
17. Effective community development projects
18. Wisdom & direction for Board of Directors as they guide
19. Excellent & compassionate care from our doctors & nurses
20. Preparation for short-term teams coming to serve
21. Evangelism in Anse a Boeuf and Belle Anse
22. RoRo & Eline: marriage, family, serving in Haiti
23. Church partners to increase their general fund giving
24. Our Director of Operation on the Ground in Haiti, JoJo
25. Bold church members who share their faith with others
26. 1,600 school children – spiritual & educational growth
27. Health, healing and hope for patients at PCH
28. Construction of the church in Peredo
29. Construction of the church/school in Drouilliard
30. Future planning for the mission
Biblical Prayers for Missionaries: This practical, powerful guide provides a great way to pray scripture for missionaries. We invite you to pray these over the work and staff of HCO.
A – Acceptance – Pray that HCO will find favor and open doors. Pray that we are favorably received and accepted by those in Haiti, as well as by other missionaries serving near us. Romans 15:31
B – Boldness – Pray for HCO to have courage and boldness in proclaiming the gospel! Pray that whenever we speak, words may be given to us so that we will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. Ephesians 6:19
C – Clarity – Pray that HCO will not stumble as we present the gospel. Pray that we will proclaim the mystery of Christ clearly. Colossians 4:4
D – Deliverance – Pray for physical, emotional, and spiritual protection as we serve. May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace as we trust in him, so that we may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
E – Extension of Ministry – Pray for God’s blessing so that we can increase our ministry and bring glory to His kingdom. Pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ. Colossians 4:3
F – Fruitfulness – Pray that the work we do will bear much fruit and be effective beyond anything we could think or imagine! Pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored. 2 Thessalonians 3:1
BLESS Prayer: Using the word BLESS, this tool is a great way to incorporate scripture and prayer for friends, family members, believers, or non-believers. We invite you to use this to pray for the staff of HCO and for those to whom we minister.
Download small printable BLESS prayer cards
Download a printable BLESS tent card that kids can color
B – Body
Pray for your neighbor’s physical bodies and needs for health, safety, and well-being.
Pray that they may seek the kingdom of God first and receive all other blessings they need as well.
(Matthew 6:33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
L – Labor
Pray for your neighbor’s labor (work) or for children who are students, their studies, and that they will do well in school.
Pray that their hands will always be diligent (busy at work) and never lazy.
(Proverbs 10:4) Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.
E – Emotional
Pray that people’s emotional needs will be met by knowing Jesus, so that they will live peaceful lives, and will experience joy and happiness.
Pray that unsaved neighbors will listen to God and receive Christ as Lord and Savior, so that they may experience His promised blessings: “Whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”
(Proverbs 1:33) But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”
S – Social
Pray for your neighbors’ social needs—friendships and family relationships.
Pray your unsaved neighbor families will turn to God in right relationship.
Pray that unsaved neighbors will learn to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, strength and mind.
(Malachi 4:6) He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents; or else I will come and strike the land with total destruction.
S – Spiritual
Pray that those do not know Christ will sense their need for Him & begin asking the right questions.
Pray that those who do know Christ will be strengthened in their walk with Him.
(Acts 17:27) God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
(Acts 16:14) One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth. She was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message.
These tools are adapted from ideas presented in The Praying Family: Creative Ways to Pray Together by Kim Butts. Used by permission. For more resources on prayer, please visit www.prayershop.org.
Pray for Emmanuel Christian School Students:
Each month we invite our Child sponsors and our HCO community to pray in unity for our students. You can use the rotating images below. Or, download a printable version.