Praying For Peredo Community Hospital Staff
Health care in Haiti continues to be a tremendous need. Consider:
- 2 doctors per every 10,000 Haitian patients
- 1 out of 8 Haitian children die from preventable diseases
- 60% of Haitians lack access to basic healthcare
- 63% of babies are delivered without a midwife or doctor
- 1 X-ray machine in SE Haiti located in Peredo Community Hospital
- 64 ventilators in the entire country
Peredo Community Hospital is delivering hope and helping address these huge needs especially during this time of crisis by providing quality medical care through the following specialties:
- General medical services
Our location in the community of Peredo, the southeast region of Haiti, is near over 1 million underserved Haitians. Many patients walk long distances, some over 4 hours, to receive care from our compassionate staff. We have grown to 30 Haitian medical professionals staffing the hospital.
In 2019, PCH saw over 8,511 patients, performed 211 surgeries, and welcomed 267 babies born. Anemia, respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, and hypertension are some of the most diagnosed illnesses our doctors and nurses treat.
During this difficult season of COVID-19, the PCH staff continues to compassionately meet the needs of the community as each day patients are coming to the hospital for knowledge, reassurance, guidance, and healing. We are grateful for our doctors, nurses, technicians, and administrative staff who continue to serve!
Pray for Peredo Community Hospital Staff:
- Pray for the health and safety of all PCH Staff and their families.
- Pray for God’s provision for all PCH Staff as they continue to meet the needs of patients daily.
- Pray for PCH Staff to find strength through their faith in Christ and lean on His promises.
- Pray PCH Staff will be encouraged as they face new challenges and opportunities for serving the community.
Parter with HCO to support Peredo Community Hospital Staff: