Hurricane Matthew Response
RoRo and Cameron have been seeking God’s will through prayer as they’ve been putting together HCO’s plan for Hurricane Relief funds based on assessed needs. So far, we’ve had over $12,000 in donations to Hurricane Relief.
Here are the needs we have identified:
- Rebuild a home for mother and 9 children in Savande Bwa Dis (just south of campus in Peredo) whose former home was reduced to a pile of sticks in the hurricane. Our CEB team is beginning to make block for this purpose. Cost: $6,000
- Food distributions & long-term food relief – $1,100 has already been sent, additional funds to be sent. Lifeline & 2|42 Community Church are doing a food packing event on October 24-26. All food will be sent to HCO for distribution.
- Outreach to Plaisance-du-Sud (next week 10/17-21) and possibly Jeremie with long-time friends and colleagues of RoRo and the mission – food, water & medical supplies will be provided.
- Repairing damage to Grand Bois latrines & clean-up of school flooding.
As we meet these needs, we will be posting photos and stories of how God is doing something for Haiti that will last through HCO’s response to Hurricane Matthew.
Please continue to pray!
- Continue to pray the joy of the Lord will be our strength!
- Pray for stamina for Ro, Eline, and our staff as they encourage people, meet needs, and oversee the ongoing ministry of HCO as well as provide relief.
- Pray for comfort for those affected. Clean-up, rebuilding, and long-term relief takes time. Pray that those receiving help will persevere through challenges, finding patience and true Hope!
- Pray that we meet these needs in a way that honors God and the people who receive help – spiritually, physically, emotionally, and financially.
[button text=”Give to Hurricane Relief Now” url=”https://haitianchristian.org/get-involved/hurricane-relief/” background_color=”#b41f25″ text_color=”#ffffff” style=”lt_circular lt_flat” size=”default” open_new_window=”true” rounded=”true”]