THE WAR IN HAITI IS CAUSING KNEE PROBLEMS: PRAYING FOR THE RESTORATION OF PEACE
Haitian Christian Outreach (HCO) is calling for A DAY OF GATHERED PRAYER FOR THE RESTORATION OF PEACE IN HAITI on the day that Haiti celebrates Independence: January 1st.
Christ said, where two or more are gathered, I will be present.
The Haitian flag states: “L’Union fait la force” (“Unity makes Strength”).
There is STRENGTH and POWER in prayer, even more so when we are gathered together and are of one accord!
Together, as one body, on January 1, 2024 throughout the day, and with a concentrated effort from 6pm-8pm EST, HCO urges you to gather and pray with us!
- For the past three years the Haitian people have been victims of war, held hostage, and denied food, water, medical care, and safety by over 200 heavily armed gangs.
- A country less than 1,000 miles away from the shores of the US, is #4 out of twenty-two countries on the World Food Program’s latest list of “Hunger Hotspots.” Over 220,000 people will die this year due to starvation.
- Hospitals are being riddled with bullets as women are giving birth and surgeons operate on gunshot victims. Basic medical care is unavailable as hospitals close because of the violence right outside their door or because they cannot obtain supplies and medication.
- It is estimated that as high as 70% of women and girls have become victims of gender based violence.
- 300,000 internally displaced people are taking shelter in 90 schools, neighborhood parks, resource strapped rural areas, and even on the lawn of the US Embassy!
- (For more information regarding the war in Haiti, please visit our Haiti: Current Happenings Page.)
With your Church, Sunday School, Small Group, Mission Committee, Classmates, Co-workers, Family, Friends, Neighbors, a Stranger, at least with one other person, and let’s get on our knees to pray for the following:
- Pray for PEACE and SAFETY to be restored to the country!
- Pray for WISDOM and GUIDANCE for all the leaders who are responsible for restoring the security!
- Pray for the FREEDOM of the Haitian people inside their own country!
January 1, 2024 from 6PM-8PM EST GATHER TO PRAY FOR THE RESTORATION OF PEACE IN HAITI!